DURATION: 1 days
TARGET AUDIENCE: All categories of staff
Hazards abound in today’s work environment thereby causing many work related accidents. Employers must protect employees from workplace hazards such as machines, hazardous substances, and dangerous work procedures that can cause injury by putting in place appropriate control measures to safeguard employees in compliance with Factories Act 1990 and other federal safety regulations.
This training aims at equipping participants with the requisite knowledge that will help them make the workplace a safer place.
- Occupational hazards and accidents
- Cost of accidents and benefits of prevention
- Hazard definition
- Identification of hazard
- Categories of hazard
- Control of occupational hazard
- Personal protective equipment
- Principles of risk assessment
- Job hazard analysis
- Unsafe act audit
- Importance and use of PPE
- Safety procedures
- PPE for specific job
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify, control and eliminate hazard it the workplace
- Determine the appropriate PPE to protect them from hazards that cannot be eliminated
- Know the importance and why it is required of employees to wear selected PPE in the workplace
Award: Certificate will be awarded to participants (Level II award equivalent).