DURATION: 2 days
TARGET AUDIENCE: Safety Manager/Supervisors/Officers/Members of Safety Committee, Administrative Staff, Technical workers, Care Givers, Life Guards, Security Managers/Protocol Officers and Staff to be designated First Aiders.
Life is precious, yet hazards and disease condition abound in the environment – at work, home and while commuting.
FIRST AID TRAINING is statutory and is premised on section 43.4 of the Factories Act which states that “Each First Aid Box or cupboard shall be placed under the Section charge of a responsible person who shall always be readily available during working hours and a notice shall be affixed in every work room stating the name of the person in charge of the First Aid box or cupboard in respect of that room”
This two-day training programme aims to equip participants with advanced First Aid knowledge, skills and techniques to enable them to be able to respond adequately and skillfully during emergencies.
- Definition, Rationale and Principles of First Aid.
- Actions at an Emergency.
- Causes of Unconsciousness.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Management of minor illnesses.
- Guidelines on use of First Aid Kit contents.
- First Aid Techniques in Day-to-Day incidents.
- Treatment of fractures.
- Movement and Carriage of Casualties.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain what FIRST AID is all about.
- Describe actions to be taken at an emergency.
- State the causes of unconsciousness and how to deal with them.
- Apply life-saving skills including Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Demonstrate how to treat & carry injured casualties.
- Demonstrate how to manage fractures
Award: Certificate of Competence will be awarded to participants.